Saturday, March 12, 2011

Icebug Heros, Probably the best Hiking Shoes for me

I have tested the new Icebug Heros, I felt that is the best Hiking shoes That I have been tried in the past ten years, Merrel, Montrail, Timberland, Nike, even the last Menidl!
Why, because it I extremely light, flexible and comfort.
The supporting sole material is very sot, I have used it for 9 KM yesterday running up Needle hill, it worn off about 2 mm at the aft of the shoes!

So I think this shoe can last only about 200mm maximum.

With this super light shoe, I Could run down the Needle hill in just less than 3 mins.

That was almost reaching my best record, and I felt having full confidence in doing so.

If you ask me what is the best Hiking shoes, I can rank this as Number One.
Icebug Heros 98 Pints Flexibility 9/10, Comfort 10/10, Durability 7/10 price 7/10.
Meindl Ventilator 7000 96 points Flexibility 8/10, Comfort 9/10, Durability 8/10 Price 6/10.

Montrail Masai 94 Point Flexibility 9/10, Comfort 8/10, Durability 9/10 price 8/10.
If I were asked what is the best Hiking shoe for Trailwalker ignoring the durability and Price I highly Recommend this Heros. buy one more pair for my alternate training. After run in, keep one pair as the Hiking shoes for Trailwalker this year.
HK Snob

4 comments:

Rleep said...

Okay, but where in Hong Kong can I buy Icebug Heros?

HK Snob said...

hi Rleep,

Yes, you can get it through Protek.
http://www.jetsoguide.com/protrek

I had bought two pairs and I found out that the first pair had wormanship problem after I used for about 3 times, the inner lining thread was broken that created uncomfort friction on my foot. but one of my colleague was using it havin no issues. I have another pair It is still in the shelf as I found out that the Meindl had a better quality. especially the Meindl Stride ref 3452 7B is superb as the quality is more stable. It is so comfort and diurable too. But Icebug Heros is no.1 on flexibility and handling, best in running down hills!
But if I will rate, the Meindl over Icebugs, I prefer a bit more on Meindl shoes... I had made recommendation to my team mates for Trail walker.. They are also avvailbel on protek,
are you HK people!? or resident of HK? as you can mail me as say my name as you may say you are my team mates using my VIP account to buy at Protek to enjoy less 20% discount...
HK Snob

D Werner said...

Icebug Heros are durable in my experience. Mine lasted at least 600kn hiking on Hong Kong's long and country trails averaging about 15~20km per weekend. They are the most comfortable hiking shoe I've ever had and I just bought another pair (from ProTrek).

HK Snob said...

hi D Werner
you are right. that is a super hiking shoe. my one might have manufacturing defect. i have another one.it is supet comfort.
paul