Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My new Hiking shoe Meindl Ventilator 7000

I have been using Montrail for ten years and at least I had used and worn off 40 pairs of Montrail during my last ten year hiking, until this year that Montrial had no sales agent in HK, So I have to find another shoe for my hiking.. Now this is the Meindl Ventilator 7000.  Once I had inserted my foot into the shoe and I could  immediatley I feel that this is probably the right shoe I am looking for after Montrail.
From the website this is the comment on this shoe...of course we will use other proper insole for replacement of his original filmsy insole...in order to prevent our foot to get premature tireiness. It is in sales at Protrek Hong Kong, since I am a gold member that I can entitle less 20% discount.. that would be a good deal for me...

TGO Rating: 5 stars (Best Buy)
Here, I’ll refer you back to the La Sportiva Trango review and those promised contradictions and subjective choices. Meindl’s Ventilator 7000 is the antithesis of the superb La Sportiva shoe: it’s light, has a very flexible sole and upper, and is super-cool due to its mesh upper and absence of a waterproof/breathable membrane.
And I love it to bits. If TGO ordered me back to the Pacific Crest Trail for six months (“Oh no, please… oh, okay then…”) this is the shoe I’d choose, of all the models featured here. While heel support is good, the rest of the shoe is what I’d called “relaxed” and pretty much lets your foot behave naturally (though not to the degree of the Hawkshead Cedar reviewed on page 95). There is room for improvement – I found my feet tired early in the Ventilator, and replacing the flimsy insole with a stiffer anatomical insole should ease that considerably.
TECHNICAL SPEC:
Upper: Velour leather & mesh with Air-Stream lining
Sole: Vibram with Magic Lightgrip
Membrane: none
Weight: 736g (size 10)
Sizes: 6-12
Likes: comfort, weight, heel support, flexibility, absence of membrane
Dislikes: flimsy insole,
Meindl (Bramwell International)
015395 60214
http://www.bramwell-int.co.uk/

HK Snob

2 comments:

Andrew said...

A very interesting and eclectic blog. Do you lead hiking trips? I would love to go hiking but my wife isn't interested and thinks it is "not safe" to hike alone! I remember my father building his own Hi-Fi and TV and he had boxes full of valves (vacuum tubes) - I have no idea what happened to them after he dies almost 25 years ago. I have a box somewhere of vinyl LPs that hasn't been opened in 10 years and I have no idea what is in there but I used to have and may still have a picture disc by a band called Charlie! I'll bookmark your blog. I have just closed my blog but it is still up at

http://hkbirds.blogspot.com/

and I have my photos at

http://www.pbase.com/andrew57

best wishes

Andrew

HK Snob said...

Hi Andrew, I was so much surprise to see your nice picture gallery on Birds. I think you may spend a lot time in such activities. As it may take hours for a good posting and picture…I like Photography too, since I left my Leica M6 in the Camera Shop for some money, I started to feel regret, Leica is great camera , no., it is not the type of camera you need for fast moving objects… Definitely,.,. But it is a price of art…

I like all thing in life… women, camera, watch, car Hi Fi, Kung Fu, Hiking and Audio Tubes… and I should say I love them all… Life is short and Art is Forever, I hope I can caret something and I won’t be regret one day when I left all my friends and go somewhere I am not familiar at all.

Well, Hiking in HK is the Funniest things in a concrete City. Many of my customer and friend had changed their mind towards HK because go Hiking…

I suggest you talk to you wife and Come walk with us… That is a great value after you moved up in sweat to the Country Park that has only 5 of us in the 20 KM square, you feel the tax money worth of it… Remember I am a snob!

Vinyl, Analogues music is best… especial come up from the hot tubes.. they are great, your father is the smartest man as he knows what is best to please his ears…Don’t throw away the LPs, May one day you will find Vitamin of Life amongst them….!!!
Till Today, no such Digital Technology can win the old Classic Amplifier built from Tubes… You can confirm with Steve jobs.. Haha

Wish you the best and hope you had a wonderful afternoon…
Thanks for your sharing your picture… GREAT is not enough to describe them, probably magnificent…!!


PS By the way, how did you find my blog? Just curious to know

HK Snob.